Red Hat 8 + Laptop + DLINK DWL-G650 ( WLAN )

Paul Johnson pauljohn at ku.edu
Sun Mar 14 17:24:50 UTC 2004

I installed one of these a while ago. I recall I had to use firmware
emulation.  That is, I had to stash copies of the ms windows driver
information files on my linux system, then run an emulation program.  It
works OK, but when that system logs on the wireless net, it bumps off
all the others.  I recall finding how to do it in a web page that was
dedicated to the kind of chip that DLink used. I recall it was a major
source of confusion that Dlink had used several different kinds of chips
but did not relabel the product.

When you do that kind of install, you have to update it whenever you
update the kernel.

 I may have to update that system soon, so if you don't figure it out,
write me again and I'll look to see.

Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn at ku.edu
1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504