Fw: Red hat 9 stop without any response or alerts

Mohamed Sami mohamedsami at ecs.gov.eg
Mon Mar 15 12:24:32 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ed Greshko" <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com>
To: "General Red Hat Linux discussion list" <redhat-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 1:58 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: Red hat 9 stop without any response or alerts

> On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 18:02, Mohamed Sami wrote:
> > Hi every body
> >
> >     Are there any body can help me
> >
> >     My server stop and stop      and I can not do any thing for it
> >
> > If u can help please don’t forget to do
>
> Did your problems start happening immediately after upgrading to RH9?
> Or was is sometime afterward?  Are you running the exact same load on
> the system?
>
> Could it be something as "simple" as a memory or power supply problem?

Hi

    I don't think that it is a hardware problem, That I have 2 identical
servers , and I switched the two hard disks between but the same problem
occurred.

On the other hand the server was running with Redhat 8 very well without any
problems, and after upgrading to RH9 it start stopping immediately, and i
make all the necessary updates to Redhat 9 but .... No way

the server run with the same load for the last 5 months without any changes
except the last upgrading from RH8 to RH9

                I hope that I answered what u ask about and hope to solve
this problem

                            M.S.H