Backups-->SMB-->DVD-R

Hi All,

I've just decided that one of my boxes on my LAN needs a backup. It's only got a small HDD and no CDRW drive so it needs to use network resources. There's approx 3.5GB that needs backing up so it'll fit on a DVD-R.

What's the easiest way to backup the root and /boot filesystems to an ISO file on a SMB share? Or is there an easier way that I'm overlooking?

Thanks.
Jeff