How to make new wu-ftpd run without reboot system?

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Tue Mar 16 01:40:11 UTC 2004

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 01:50:28PM -0500, James Marcinek wrote:
> restart the service:
>
> service wuftp restart
>
> NOTE: The syntax may not be right for the wuftpd daemon. I'm using vsftp
> instead so I'm not sure what the right name is; however you can run the
> following command to see how it's listed:

It's not actually right.  wu-ftpd is invoked from inetd/xinetd.  This
means that *every* new wu-ftpd connection will invoke the new image.  If
you have a working wu-ftpd configuration and update the binaries, you'll
be covered - all new connections will use the new binaries.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org