Re: sendmail question

At 06:11 3/16/2004, you wrote:
On the same server I have 20 different domains, each of them have unique IP address.
Now I want to give them mail service, but in each domain, there is a user JON.

the question is :
How can I avoid repeated usernames ?
Is it possible to have jon firstdomain com, jon seconddomain com, jon ndomain com, etc.?

Yes. In /etc/mail/virtusertable:

        jon firstdomain com             jon
        jon seconddomain com    mary
        jon thirddomain com             sysadmin

On a recent version of Red Hat like RHL-9 (you didn't say which you were using), you only need to restart sendmail ("service sendmail restart") for the changes to take effect.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz simpaticus com