Mythtv QMYSQL3 driver not loaded - RH9

Shawn javajunkie at koyuru.com
Wed Mar 17 00:45:52 UTC 2004

Hello,

I wanted to try mythtv but got a QMYSQL3 driver not loaded error.

I checked and have the correct qt-Mysql package installed.  In fact I have,
qt2-devel-2.3.1-13
qt-3.1.1-6
qt2-2.3.1-13
qt-MySQL-3.1.1-6
qt-devel-3.1.1-6
qt2-static-2.3.1-13

The how to in the docs on QMYSQL3 says they should be shipped with it but
then it says not all of the plugins are shipped with the Qt Free Edition
so I am unsure if /usr/lib/qt-3.1/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.so is
what I need (and something needs to be configured for it to be working) or
if it what I need to build the driver.

The mythtv docs mention qt3 but the only package I found was for i585 and
I am under i686 and do not know the wisdom of trying that especially since
some things like /usr/bin/qtconfig (which I use from time to time to
adjust the input methon used for Japanese characters) would get
overwritten.  Uh, it's just a link though so maybe I could.  Suggestions?

--
Shawn

Happily using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
http://www.opera.com/m2/