Setting up Internal DNS Server

Bill Clery bill at lyceumllc.com
Wed Mar 17 12:50:21 UTC 2004

Seems like a matter of choice.  but...

I am running DNS behind a firewall and I use sub-domains for the internal
(192.168.x.x) addresses.  It hasn't been to big of a deal to use slightly
different names when inside or outside the firewall.  My 'outside names' are
public things like ns1.mydomain.com or www.mydomain.com.  The inside things
are subbed under that and machine oriented like
mercury.production.mydomain.com.

Eventually I plan on using the 'view' capability in bind to allow internal
use of external names.

Bill