Re: can't get TFTP listen on Port 69. Pls Help!

At 02:36 3/17/2004, you wrote:
Hi, I'm setting up a TFTP server and need it to listen
to port 69.  I had issue the command :
#chkconfig tftp on
#chkconfig --list tftp
#service xinetd restart
#netstat -ln

Is the tftp-server package installed? Check with "rpm -qa | grep tftp".

How to change the setting then?  I'm using a
DHCP server and not a BOOTP server.  I think I read
somewhere (can't remember) that certain statement
cannot be configured together if I decided to use DHCP
or via versa.  Thanks.

I've successfully booted several Sun machines from the network using RARP and TFTP, so I know that works. I also know that the "dhcp" package is able to serve both bootp and dhcp, so I would imagine you can do what you want with the "dhcp" and "tftp-server" packages. Have not tried it myself, though.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz simpaticus com