can't get TFTP listen on Port 69. Pls Help!

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Wed Mar 17 17:22:44 UTC 2004

At 02:36 3/17/2004, you wrote:
>Hi, I'm setting up a TFTP server and need it to listen
>to port 69.  I had issue the command :
>#chkconfig tftp on
>#chkconfig --list tftp
>#service xinetd restart
>#netstat -ln

Is the tftp-server package installed? Check with "rpm -qa | grep tftp".

>How to change the setting then?  I'm using a
>DHCP server and not a BOOTP server.  I think I read
>somewhere (can't remember) that certain statement
>cannot be configured together if I decided to use DHCP
>or via versa.  Thanks.

I've successfully booted several Sun machines from the network using RARP
and TFTP, so I know that works. I also know that the "dhcp" package is able
to serve both bootp and dhcp, so I would imagine you can do what you want
with the "dhcp" and "tftp-server" packages. Have not tried it myself, though.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com
http://www.simpaticus.com