RH9 Install Crashes

Leo champen at terra.es
Thu Mar 18 21:43:45 UTC 2004

Hello,

Trying to install redhat9 on one of my older computers. It's a Pentium
II @ 450MHz.
While trying a graphical install, installer crashes when trying to start
X (no matter what graphics card I put into it).
While trying a text based install, installer crashes when preparing to
copy rpms.
Tried also to install rh9 on the computer's hard disk, but on another
computer, but then when inserting the hard disk in the afore mentioned
"crashy" one, Linux crashes at the end of boot process (don't know
exactly when, can't read it), but it says "Killing interrupt handler".

Windows 2000 and Windows 98 both install and run perfect in this box,
but would like to put Linux into it.

Any hints please?

Thanks,
Leo.

PD: I Installed RH9 on an older Pentium200 with no problem at all.