Architectural Design Question

I have multiple linux boxes in two different locations.  I want to
authenticate users off one box and have their home directories in one
location.  I know I can set up an NIS slave to authenticate users,
that's not a problem.

My problem is the NFS shares.  I can set up the NFS shares without any
problem, but none of the traffic is secure/encrypted.  Is there a better
way?  If so, how?

Ryan