RE: [Fwd: The modem chicken and egg question? Newbie Alert!]

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 23:31, Chris W. Parker wrote:
> J Simpson V21 <mailto:hubblesimpson members v21 co uk>
>     on Thursday, March 18, 2004 2:35 PM said:
>
> >> setserial /dev/ttyS3
>
> [snip]
>
> > said input/output error.  I tried setserial/dev/ttys3 it said no such
> > file or directory.
>
> compare yours to his. what's the difference?
>
> hint: a space.
Chris sorry to be picky but the line above was quoted with a space
indicating (I think) that Janet had tried it both ways hence 2 different
results.
The explanation regarding the space is well made though and I have
learnt from that as well.
Regards Roger