CERT on OpenSSL

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Fri Mar 19 15:17:30 UTC 2004

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 08:16:04AM -0500, Stamper, Steve wrote:
> RH7.2 (stuck there because of application dependencies)
> openssl-0.9.6b-28
>
> CERT just released an advisory
> (www.us-cert.gov/cas/techalerts/TA04-078A.html) on OpenSSL.  I'm looking for
> an easy way out.  Does anyone have a 7.2 RPM for OpenSSL  that is later than
> 0.9.6k?

Have a look at the AS2.1 SRPMS and see if you can update to the openssl
there.  AS2.1 is based on 7.2 (I think - verify to be sure) so you might
be in the right ballpark searching there for updates.

If you can't get it from there, you're going to be in somewhat of a bind
since openssl has lots of dependencies and binary incompabilities
between releases.  Upgrading to 0.9.6k has a decent probability of
breaking an application unless you can recompile.

        .../Ed
--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org