error in installing iptables on redhat 2.1

hello everyone

I have redhat linux as 2.1 installed on my machine.with both iptables and ipchains packages installed . I downloaded the latest iptables source.when i issue the command make KERNEL_DIR=/usr/src/linux

it shows the following error

make: *** [extensions/libipt_conntrack_sh.o] Error 1

anyone knows the reason of this error.

thanks

Do you Yahoo!?