Redhat 8/9 LDAP for Outlook 2000/XP

Anthony E. Greene agreene at pobox.com
Fri Mar 19 18:37:21 UTC 2004

On 19-Mar-2004/09:30 -0800, Real Cucumber <monkcucumber at yahoo.com> wrote:
>Has anyone successfully setup a centralized address
>book for Outlook 2000/XP clients via a Redhat openldap
>server?

It's easy to setup the clients to read/retrieve data from an OpenLDAP
server. The hard part is setting up an interface that allows users to
easily update the data.

I've used ldap-abook for small workgroups. The version I used back in
1999/2000 was a little limited in that you had to hard-code the attribute
names if you wanted anything other than the stock names.

--
Anthony E. Greene <mailto:Anthony%20E.%20Greene%20%3Cagreene at pobox.com%3E>
OpenPGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26 C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D