Re: RedHat 9 offline update

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 02:17:38PM -0500, Milen Dimitrov wrote:
> Is it possible to download the latest RedHat 9 updates, burn them on a
> CD and apply them to
> all my RedHat 9 servers, without having to download them on each machine

One method is to use up2date but tell it to search the CD repository
first.  That will still do the negotiate with the RHN/up2date
servers, but save the download time.  up2date will find out what
packages need to be applied, install them from the CD, and then update
the RHN information.  You get the best of both worlds.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts ewilts org