Re: X Server does not work on RedHat 9 with more than 256 colors for Intel 865

Quoting Bikram Assal <bikram assal wku edu>:

> I m running RedHat 9 on Dell GX270 with an inbuilt analog video card. DELL
> 1800FP is the monitor with video card of type Intel 865.
>
> Video Card Type = Intel 865
> Memory = 32 MB
> Driver = i810
>
> I can only setup the resolution of 1024 X 768 with color depth of 256
> colors.
>
> If I try to use more than 256 colors, X server won't start.

Hello Bikram,
Check out this page:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118623&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

There seems to be a problem with the BIOS version. There also exists a patch to
fix this problem (cf. http://www.chzsoft.com.ar/855patch.html ).

Good luck,
Stefan