Re: Could be routing problem?

At 07:08 3/20/2004, you wrote:
I implemented each of your suggestions one at a time.  Still the same
behavior.  (I restarted sendmail after each change, even though I knew
that wasn't necessary)  Each time an e-mail arrives, it still goes through
26 hops (25 max) before being delivered by default.

So maybe it's not a name resolution issue. Put in on the back burner, come back to it later. Can you post the contents of these files?

/etc/mail/local-host-names
/etc/mail/relay-domains
/etc/mail/virtusertable
/etc/mail/sendmail.mc

I don't know if I missed any. The point is to check the sendmail files that control local delivery. What version of Red Hat Linux are you using, by the way, and am I correct in assuming that you've updated to the latest stable sendmail for that version?

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz simpaticus com