XP Faxing

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Mon Mar 22 18:52:03 UTC 2004

At 11:35 3/22/2004, you wrote:
>The XP Fax Service does not support sharing. [...] XP
>Fax can serve as a client to fax programs that do support sharing, such as
>Small Business Server Fax and Windows Server 2003 Fax.
>
>Based on this startling piece of information, and the fact that I have a
>number of Linux boxes at around with Fax modems in, can people suggest
>workable (read by thick users) solution.

Hylafax (www.hylafax.org, I think) has a Linux server end (with Red Hat
RPM's) and Windows clients. For years I've read posts recommending it as
highly stable and easy to use. Don't send faxes myself, but I've formed a
high second-hand opinion of this package.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com
http://www.simpaticus.com