Mysql setup on server install - but it's no there

Jody Cleveland Cleveland at winnefox.org
Mon Mar 22 20:42:07 UTC 2004

Ok, this is strange. I looked in init.d, and no mysql anywhere. I tried
installing the mysql rpm, and it says it's missing the client, so I
install the client. Still can't install server though. So, I tried  rpm
-i MySQL-server-4.0.18-0.i386.rpm and it gives me a bunch of these:

file /usr/share/mysql/swedish/errmsg.sys from install of
MySQL-server-4.0.18-0 conflicts with file from package mysql-3.23.58-1
        file /usr/share/mysql/swedish/errmsg.txt from install of
MySQL-server-4.0.18-0 conflicts with file from package mysql-3.23.58-1

So, I can't seem to install it even. And from that message, doesn't it
sound like it's all ready on there?

- Jody