Re: Could be routing problem?

At 22:05 3/22/2004, you wrote:
On Monday 22 March 2004 19:54, Cowles, Steve wrote:
> To be honest, I have no idea whay the above is happening. This
> could very well be a routing problem that sendmail does not know
> how to deal with, but I'll be damned if I can see it.
>
> I hate to admit, but I'm out of ideas. Sorry!
> Steve Cowles

If all else fails, then try the brute force/disaster management tactic: find and remove all sendmail-related RPM packages. Find and remove any traces of old config files. Remove any forwarding/management issues from /etc/aliases. Then reinstall sendmail and reconfigure while documenting carefully the steps taken.

If the problem reoccurs, then either (a) we'll find it in the carefully documented steps or (b) it's not a sendmail problem at all.

I'm kind of lost too... never seen Sendmail do anything like this either, and I'm no expert precisely because I've never needed to be. :-)

Post again with current status and what path you'll take, OK? I'd love to help you find a solution to all of this, and I'm learning some as we go along too! (Thanks, Steve!)

Perhaps I've missed this but I haven't seen any investigation of
whether there's a .forward/.procmail/alias issue here.  Mark have you
look at this angle?  I noticed that the first to was to
mark neidorff com and all the subsequent were to=mark.

Mike's got a damn good point here... it may or may not be the problem, but it sure is something we haven't looked at.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz simpaticus com