Kernel version question

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Wed Mar 24 15:45:50 UTC 2004

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 10:33:53AM -0500, Gervais, Dan wrote:
> I would like to know if there is an easy way of telling what each
> version of kernel updates includes.  Specifically, I need to know what
> each kernel individually fixed from 2.4.20-8 to 2.4.20-30.9.

Since you already have the new kernel installed, there are a couple of
things you can do:

1.  rpm -q kernel --changelog |less
2.  Install the source rpm and look at the patches that are applied to
the stock kernels.  If there's a specific patch that is causing you
problems, you can remove that patch to verify.  If you can successfully
do this, then file a bugzilla report saying what happens with that patch
applied.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org