Group ownership problem

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Thu Mar 25 01:46:04 UTC 2004

Sorry for the lack of info...

The server is RedHat 9 and all the clients are Enterprise Workstations.
I haven't edited any files, just followed the standard directions for
NIS setup.

If I do 'ypcat group' on any of the clients or server, I get no output.
Doing a grep user /etc/group, I get:

users:x:100:
rpcuser:x:29:

I don't have an entry for 'users' on any client in /etc/group.  How can
I get this one machine (RedHat 9) to recognize GID 100 as users without
adding it to /etc/group?  Essentially, I want it to be identical to all
the other machines...

Ryan