Updating RH 7.3

Stephen Kuhn skuhn at telpacific.com.au
Thu Mar 25 02:01:38 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 12:24, Peter Smith wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have just reinstalled RH 7.3 from disks, and I want to apply all the
> available patches and upgrades.
>
> Now that up2date is no longer supported by RedHat, what are my options?
>
> There are nearly 700 rpms installed: do I get them individually from
> rpmfind.net? :(
>
> At the end of last year there was talk of third parties offering
> subscription support - did anything come of this, and does anyone have any
> experience of a supplier of support?
>
> I still have access to my previous (fully updated) system disk - is that
> likely to be of any help to me?  It was unable to come to terms with with a
> recent hardware change.
>
> Thanks for listening.
> Peter Smith

Pete - is there a particular reason for staying with 7.3 and not
upgrading to 9? Just wondering.

BTW, I have a 7.3 server that I just manually update myself - just a
PITA to deal with, but hey, it runs like a champ and rarely requires a
reboot.

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company