Re: Updating RH 7.3

At 19:24 3/24/2004, you wrote:
I have just reinstalled RH 7.3 from disks, and I want to apply all the
available patches and upgrades.

Now that up2date is no longer supported by RedHat, what are my options?

To stay with 7.3 for a while, www.fedoralegacy.org is good.

Otherwise, why not Fedora Core 1?

There are nearly 700 rpms installed: do I get them individually from
rpmfind.net? :(

See Fedora Legacy, which updates with yum (an alternative to up2date).

I still have access to my previous (fully updated) system disk - is that
likely to be of any help to me?  It was unable to come to terms with with a
recent hardware change.

Not really unless it has copies of the RPM files you installed on it.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz simpaticus com