Re: Mounting External USB/Firewire drivers

Donald Tyler wrote:

I am sure this has been asked before, but I can’t seem to find the answer when searching through my mailing list archive. So I apologize if this has been answered already.

I need to know how I mount an external USB or Firewire hard drive.

Thanks

Donald Tyler

On my rh8 kernel 2.4.18-14:

su to root
mkdir /mnt/usbhd
plug in the usb-drive
mount -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /mnt/usbhd

(sdb1, could be sdb2........sdb4)

The usb-drive was succesfully mounted on /mnt/usbhd