snmp not being received (using cacti 0.8.5)

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Thu Mar 25 17:18:38 UTC 2004

hello,

about one month ago my graphs stopped showing data and started reporting
nan.

i thought maybe it was my firewall (iptables). so i checked it out and
found that some provisions weren't being made for snmp. so i added the
following lines and restarted iptables:

-A RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 161 --syn -j ACCEPT
-A RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 161 -j ACCEPT
-A RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 162 -j ACCEPT

unfortunately that didn't solve the problem! i also tried restarting
snmpd but didn't get any love there either.

someone have a clue?

oh, and like my subject line indicates, monitoring of the local server
(the one that cacti resides on) is still working fine.

thanks,
chris.