Mounting External USB/Firewire drivers

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at voyager.phys.utk.edu
Thu Mar 25 17:28:27 UTC 2004

On Thursday 25 March 2004 08:56 am, Donald Tyler wrote:

> I need to know how I mount an external USB or Firewire hard drive.

external USB harddrive should be recognize as SCSI device, so to mount it:

mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/mountpoint

if that doesn't work, try sda2, sda3, etc, assuming you don't have any SCSI
drive already. If you do, then you may want to try sdbX, or even sdcX
(depends on how many SCSI you already have).

I don't know about firewire.. sorry.

RDB

--
Reuben D. Budiardja