Re: Not just virtual IPs, but virtual MAC

At 05:40 3/24/2004, you wrote:
How, if at all possible, to I add/masquerade/fake MAC addresses on an ethX
interface under linux (FC1, in this case, but the answer is probably generic
enough)?

I know it is certainly possible to masquerade a MAC address on Linux, and of course of Fedora. I believe there is a parameter you put in your /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 file (or you can configure with redhat-config-network) that will do this.

All I can suggest for good docs is the files in /usr/share/doc/initscripts-x.x.xx.x. You should find the answer in there somewhere. Grep the files for "ifcfg" and that should get you to the right places without a lot of reading.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz simpaticus com