kernel HOW TO (help please)

john john_g123 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 26 16:02:34 UTC 2004

It seems that the Kernel-howto is not available and at
one web site (http://milkyway.has.it) which claims
lots of good things about linux is actually selling
this guide for $7.95. Somehow after following a few
weblinks over the internet it seems that one is
directed to this milkyway.has.it web site which has
the original HOWTO.
Is this the spirit that Linux originally started with
?

whereas on the tldp.org web site following information
is on display:

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Kernel-HOWTO/index.html

The Kernel-HOWTO has been removed for review.

The last "unspoiled" version of the Kernel HOWTO
(Linuxdoc source SGML) can be downloaded from our CVS
repository here.

Kwan Lowe is writing the replacement, which is more or
less finished and browsable from
http://www.digitalhermit.com/~kwan/kernel.html. Kwan
changed the name to Kernel Rebuild Guide.

Brian Ward, the original author of the Kernel HOWTO,
plans to release an alternative document, for the new
kernel.

If anyone has a copy of it in their archives please
email me asap. Version is not important, I just wanted
to go through the steps and make sure I am doing it
correctly.

thanks