Re: Apaceh2 with SSL and multiple virtual host

On Friday 26 March 2004 02:44 pm, Mobeen Azhar wrote:
> Reuben, are you sure about that?  Try intentionally mangling the line
> (for example change the SSLCertificateFile to SSLBadCertificateFile) and
> then restart Apache.  Make sure Apache fails then.  This will ensure
> that it is indeed reading that line.

Yes, I'm sure about that. At one point in my trial and error iterations, I as
able to get the certificate when trying to view it from my web browser, but
the working https address is not the one domain name that I want to have. I'm
not sure how it decides to use that certain domain name / virtual host as the
one with the working ssl.

> Also, make sure Apache is being started with the -D SSL parameter.

is this valid for apache2 that comes with redhat? All I need to do to start
apache is :
> service httpd start

Thanks.
RDB