Apaceh2 with SSL and multiple virtual host

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Sat Mar 27 04:23:58 UTC 2004

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 09:23:42PM -0500, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
> On Friday 26 March 2004 07:30 pm, Mobeen Azhar wrote:
> > Sorry Reuben if I misunderstood, are you trying a named virtual host
> > over SSL?
>
> Moby,
> I have virtual hosts  working before (there are 3). I am trying to set so that
> one of those virtual host runs over ssl. The rest will be happy with just
> running over plain HTTP. Is that possible, and how?

You can't have a named-based virtual host over ssl.  You must have an
IP-based virtual host for this.  In order to figure out what host name
you're using for ssl, you need to decrypt the header.  In order to
figure out what certificate to use, you need to know the virtual host
name.  That's a catch-22.  That's why it won't work.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org