enaBLE PCMCIA at startup

I have Red Hat 9 2.4.20-8, installed Pcmcia 3.2.7 on an old laptop

the etc/init.d/ pcmcia start , does not work producing errors

however

etc/rc.d/rc.pcmcia start , does work properly

my question is it seems the first script runs at startup, how can I
configure the system to use the second script at startup

I would like to do this with comand line not gui as I have none installed

on a second note telnet server does not start at startup either, how can i
configure it to do so?

Thanks in advance

MB