rhl kernel update problems

Jeff Lasman blists at nobaloney.net
Sun Mar 28 00:42:20 UTC 2004

I'm having what looks like a problem updating the RHL kernel:

Red Hat has issued some kernel updates for RHL 7.3 at:

https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2003-417.html#Red%20Hat%20Linux%207.3

I grabbed these kernels and tried installing them via rpm -i.

I ended up with the proper new files at /boot/vmlinuz* but not at
/boot/initrd*.

I uninstalled, and tried again with apt-get (rpm).

The same problem.

Do I need to have the initrd* files for the new kernal as I suppose?  Or
am I wrong?

Anyone?

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation