wvdialconf or PPP or chat?

Jeff Lacki jeep at rahul.net
Mon Mar 29 03:53:52 UTC 2004

Im stuck without DSL for a while.  I looked at the PPP-howto
but it seems way out of date.  Im running RH 9.0

1.  Whats the best way to setup and use PPP dialup
    on the 9.0?  Ive never used PPP on here before.

2.  I tried wvdial and wvdialconf.  wvdialconf scans
    through my machine but never finds a modem.  The same
    modem works fine (Im using it now under XP).  It scans
    many things and then 'hangs' after USB15 is printed.

I just want to know whats the best way to get PPP working
from experienced PPP users.  And yes, I recompiled the kernel
to include the PPP stuff.

Thank you!
Jeff