wvdialconf or PPP or chat?

IAK Tanoli sendtoimtiaz at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 29 04:07:54 UTC 2004

which modem you are using if you are using pci modem then you have to look at www.linmodes.org .

the best and easy to use dialing software is "kppp"

Jeff Lacki <jeep at rahul.net> wrote:

Im stuck without DSL for a while. I looked at the PPP-howto
but it seems way out of date. Im running RH 9.0

1. Whats the best way to setup and use PPP dialup
on the 9.0? Ive never used PPP on here before.

2. I tried wvdial and wvdialconf. wvdialconf scans
through my machine but never finds a modem. The same
modem works fine (Im using it now under XP). It scans
many things and then 'hangs' after USB15 is printed.

I just want to know whats the best way to get PPP working
from experienced PPP users. And yes, I recompiled the kernel
to include the PPP stuff.

Thank you!
Jeff

Imtiaz Ahmed Khan