Re: auto delete email in mailbox

We are using the stock Sendmail and all mail is stored in the /var/spool/mail directory under individual mailboxes as the name of the login on the server. Basically we made no change to it from the original installation of RHEL AS.

Thanks
Steve

At 08:36 AM 3/29/2004, you wrote:
> I am running RHEL AS and wanted to set something up so that I can have a
>  cron job that would go through and delete any email in all mailboxes
> that  are older than so many days.  Is there something built in that
> would do  this?  If not, does anybody know of any scripts or programs
> that are out  there that could do it?

That depends on what MTA your using and how it stores its mail.  Are you
using maildir or mbox mailboxes?

Chris