auto delete email in mailbox

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Mon Mar 29 15:16:46 UTC 2004

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 08:35:18AM -0600, Steve Buehler wrote:
> I am running RHEL AS and wanted to set something up so that I can have a
> cron job that would go through and delete any email in all mailboxes that
> are older than so many days.  Is there something built in that would do
> this?  If not, does anybody know of any scripts or programs that are out
> there that could do it?

A quick google search came up with the following:
http://www.mail-archive.com/isp-linux@isp-linux.com/msg05261.html

I've never used it, and if it deletes all your mail and you don't have
backups, don't blame me :-)

I used a google search string of "mbox old mail" and this will get you
heading in the right direction.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org