Re: auto delete email in mailbox

Ed (and everybody else who helped with this)
This looks like what I am looking for. I have not tested it out yet, but I think it will do the trick. <keeping fingers crossed>. I used your search terms and added "delete" to them in google and am coming up with quite a few programs to do this. Amazing what the correct key words can do for you in a search engine.

Thanks
Steve

At 09:16 AM 3/29/2004, you wrote:
On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 08:35:18AM -0600, Steve Buehler wrote:
> I am running RHEL AS and wanted to set something up so that I can have a
> cron job that would go through and delete any email in all mailboxes that
> are older than so many days.  Is there something built in that would do
> this?  If not, does anybody know of any scripts or programs that are out
> there that could do it?

A quick google search came up with the following:
http://www.mail-archive.com/isp-linux isp-linux com/msg05261.html

I've never used it, and if it deletes all your mail and you don't have
backups, don't blame me :-)

I used a google search string of "mbox old mail" and this will get you
heading in the right direction.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts ewilts org