Winbind/Smb Authentication

Jeff Graves jeff at image-src.com
Mon Mar 29 21:05:17 UTC 2004

I've been reading up on winbind and the samba authentication you can use
in rh linux. I basically have a rh linux 9 mail server up and running
with it's own set of user accounts. Currently, I need to manage two sets
of user accounts which is no fun. I know that if I had a week to read
through the documentation, I could probably configure the box to
authenticate off of my Win2K domain myself. I have to believe that there
are plenty of people out there who have already done this so I'm trying
to find a good tutorial on how to setup a Redhat Linux 9 box to
authenticate off of a Win2K AD Domain with the intent of being a mail
server. Anyone's input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff Graves, MCP
Image Source, Inc.