dual boot problem

Nitin Mehta nitinmehta at kappa.net.in
Tue Mar 30 14:08:34 UTC 2004

redhat linux 7.2
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: crucificator at xnet.ro
  To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
  Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2004 6:15 AM
  Subject: Re: dual boot problem

  wich distro have you installed?
    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Nitin Mehta
    To: redhat-list at redhat.com
    Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 5:48 AM
    Subject: dual boot problem

    Hi All,

    I'm having a problem here while installing 2 OSs on my pc. Here's what I've tried :
      1.. partitioned the disk with windows fdisk and created partition of 6 gb for windows (40 gb hard disk)
      2.. installed windows 200 adv server on it (which is working fine)
      3.. then installed linux on 18 gb partition
    now the problem is, i dont get the boot loader at startup and it starts windows...

    what to do??? please help me..

    Thanx in advance
    Nitin

    Connex scaneaza automat toate mesajele impotriva virusilor folosind RAV AntiVirus.
    Connex automatically scans all messages for viruses using RAV AntiVirus.

    Nota: RAV AntiVirus poate sa nu detecteze toti virusii noi sau toate variantele lor.
    Pentru a inlatura efectele nedorite si din dorinta de a va oferi in permanenta servicii
    de cea mai buna calitate mesajele detectate ca fiind infectate vor fi sterse automat .
    Va rugam sa luati in considerare ca exista un risc de fiecare data cand deschideti
    fisiere atasate si ca MobiFon nu este responsabila pentru nici un prejudiciu cauzat de
    virusi.

    Disclaimer: RAV Antivirus may not be able to detect all new viruses and variants. In
    order to remove  unwanted effects and to continuously provide quality services all
    infected e-mails will be automatically deleted .Please be aware that there is a risk
    involved whenever opening e-mail attachments to your computer and that MobiFon is not
    responsible for any damages caused by viruses.