Postfix

Rene's Caltech Email shyfire at azrael.caltech.edu
Tue Mar 30 21:44:57 UTC 2004

Hello,

Today I setup postfix and dns on a machine.  The client machine can
recieve the email via imap but it cannot send via smtp.  I have bind setup
correctly.  The client machine can ping the smtp machine via fqdn but when
trying to send mail it gets an error saying "error: could not connect to:
rene.westwood.edu: port 25"  this is the second time it happens...I once
successfully did the same config on another machine and it worked fine.
what could be the problem?

--
-Rene Enriquez
rene.enriquez at azrael.caltech.edu

"The devil will find work for idle hands to do!"
-The Smiths