Installing 2.6.3 on RH9

Paal Marker paal at barum.folkebibl.no
Wed Mar 31 08:33:08 UTC 2004

I had the excactly same problem in installing 2.6.4.

I had to do two things.  After making .config I had to edit .config and
replace CONFIG_EXT3_FS=m to CONFIG_EXT3_FS=y.

Second I had to: mkdir /sys .
Then edit /etc/rc.sysinit.
After the line:  'action $"Mounting proc filesystem: " mount -n -t proc
/proc /proc '  adding:
'action $"Mounting proc filesystem: " mount -n -t sysfs /sys /sys'

In my experience the same problem occured both in 2.6.3 and 2.6.4.   I
installed on rh8.