physical memory support under RHEL for Opteron

Chiu, PCM (Peter) P.C.M.Chiu at rl.ac.uk
Wed Mar 31 09:09:16 UTC 2004

Hi,

I am just about to order an dual Opteron 248 server to run under RHEL AS.

I would like to double check the physical memory supported - we are getting
8 x 2GB PC3200 or PC2700 memory on this server.

I have found something a bit obscure on the RH web page:
	 http://www.redhat.com/software/rhel/as/
<http://www.redhat.com/software/rhel/as/>

in that it said:

** 64GB is the maximum memory size for X86 systems. Maximum memory sizes
vary with other architectures.

Can anyone confirm
a. the maximum memory size for Opterons supported, and
b. the maximum usable physical memory per process on user applications

Thanks a lot.

Peter