(OT) Mail got blocked because of SORBS/DYNABLOCK

MKlinke mklinke at axsi.com
Wed Mar 31 20:49:56 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 31 March 2004 14:39, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:

> shows his originating IP in the DUL list (whatever that is).
>
> But the funny thing is, this user has another email account using
> another SMTP server, and when he send mail from that account it
> does not trigger the RCVD_IN_DYNABLOCK rule. So I don't quite
> understand it.
>
> So my question basically, does changing SMTP server for his account
> (using his ISP SMTP server for example) help fixing this problem?
> If yes, why? if the rule looks at the originating IP instead of the
> SMTP, any SMTP server that he uses will still trigger the rule,
> won't it ? And why does his other account (with different SMTP)
> does not trigger that some DYNABLOCK rule?
>
> Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.
>
> RDB
> --

His IP address is found in a DUL, (Dial-Up List), or a DYNABLOCK
(Dynamic IP Address Block) List.  One of his ISP's smtp servers may
have an IP address that's in a listed block of dial-up or dynamic IP
addresses.  From what I've read, it happens quite a lot that some
ISP's servers get listed, erroneously, as a dynamic IP address.

Regards,  Mike Klinke