ip_tables_names not showing any results.. please help

Joseph Suarez sofocles1030 at hotmail.com
Sun May 2 23:56:44 UTC 2004

Hi All,

Please forgive my ignorance, but being an inexperienced linux user I managed
to break something with my iptables, mainly that now the command "cat
/proc/net/ip_tables_names" does NOT returns any tables (i.e. nat, mangle,
and filter). Is there any way to fix this?

Notes: I am using redhat 9 and firewall rules set by lokkit are working ok,
lsmod shows table modules loiaded. Also I reinstalled rpms for lokkit and
iptables.

Thanks in Advance

-Ignacio