question about RHEL-ES ISO's

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Wed May 5 11:44:31 UTC 2004

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 07:40:44AM -0400, Bill Tangren wrote:
> I purchased RHEL-ES and have used curl to download the ISO's. On the
> download page, I see that there are four binary ISO's and four binary
> ISO updates. My question is this:
>
> What's the difference? Can I do a clean install from the updates? I
> tried, and it failed.

Update 1 only replaces the first CD.  You can do a clean install from
the Update 1 CD #1 and the original CDs #2,3,4.

I've heard that Update 2 replaces all 4 CDs but I don't think that's out
yet.

Please define "I tried, and it failed".  What error messages do you get?
Do the MD5SUMS match?

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org