OT: Need filter for dialysis (was Re: Help Request)

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Thu May 6 23:42:28 UTC 2004

At 16:19 5/6/2004, you wrote:
>Then we need URGENTLY the filter, wich is the most expensive element
>of the dialisis process, in order to pay for the process in a private health
>center. If somebody want to help us, please contact us to the following
>numbers here in Paraguay:
>
>(595 21) 991 700863 with Miriam, or (595 21) 991 700859 with Miguel

I am not able to help you, but I suggest that you provide some idea of
whether you are looking to raise $100 which you cannot afford, or $10,000
which you cannot afford. It is difficult for people to come to grips with a
problem without any details. Also, some idea of which type of filter you
need... perhaps someone can help you get the filter more easily or at lower
cost even if they can't donate cash.

Finally, by definition every subscriber to this list has email, knows how
to use it, and checks it frequently. Saying "call me if you want to help"
is very counterproductive for you. Answering an email is easy, calling
Paraguay costs money. By asking for phone calls you make it *harder* for
people to help you. Provide as much information as you can (as *much* as
you can) online, on a web page, and then link to that page. You can even
put "Urgent Donations Needed" and the link in your signature on one line
and have it distributed with every message you send to anyone.

Good luck!

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com