Configuring Sendmail and VSFTPD

Ben Sewell ben_sewell_007 at hotmail.com
Thu May 6 23:53:14 UTC 2004

first off, wow fast response.=)
I want to install cutecast. (http://www.artscore.net/cutecast/). I asked the
admin what SMTP server they use for sending email notifications, activation
and they said Sendmail. I havn't properly decided with my friend what the
name of the folder is going to be, except for simplicity sake we can assume
it is called 'PSForum'. I know the forum uses Perl so i'm assuming I post it
in '/var/www/cgi-bin' where '/var/www/html/PS' is where his homepage is
going to be stored.

Basicly I want to give my friend FTP access to his webarea (runs apache2) so
that / in his FTP client would be '/var/www/html/PS' so that he can upload
his files and chmod.

Ben

>From: "Rodolfo J. Paiz" <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>
>To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list at redhat.com>
>Subject: Re: Configuring Sendmail and VSFTPD
>Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 17:37:45 -0600
>
>At 17:29 5/6/2004, you wrote:
>>Hi, I have installed red hat 9 and I would like to edit sendmail and
>>vsftpd in preparation for a friend to upload his forum which uses sendmail
>>on my webserver.
>
>You don't give enough details, Ben. Which forum? What changes do you want
>to make to sendmail and vsftpd? Whatever you want to install surely has
>instructions. Have you followed them? If so, where are you stuck and what
>have you tried? DETAILS!!!
>
>Your message is the equivalent of "I just bought a house and I would like
>to make changes to it to accommodate my friends." It is impossible to help
>you (and also, we want to *help* you but we won't do all your work for
>you... we have lives too).
>
>Cheers,
>

>--
>Rodolfo J. Paiz