newbie network question..

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Fri May 7 14:57:00 UTC 2004

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 07:05:29AM -0700, Devidas Komarath Menon wrote:
> Excuse me if this is a stupid one...

It's not stupid but you show a remarkable inability or unwillingness to
do any research - and then post this from a Cisco.com address!  I expect
that there are a few people working for Cisco that have Linux routing
experience...

A google search for "linux router" will lead to 2 million hits.  A
search on redhat.com in the documentation section will also lead to
multiple hits.

You could also have searched the redhat-list archives (the link is in
every posting to this list) for the word "router" and you would have
gotten nearly 500 hits.

> If so, can't we make that BOX act as a router? Can the same box forward
> packets to another network? What are the config changes to be made and
> the commmand ?

Please do some simple searching, try a few things, and then feel free to
ask specific questions if something doesn't work.  Tell us what you've
tried and what didn't happen as you expected it to.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org