httpd dead but subsys locked

Juan Martinez martinez at eecs.cwru.edu
Fri May 14 16:03:43 UTC 2004

Are you sure it's 434 and not 443?  443 is the https well-known port
number.

In any case, I've received this error message when I've tried to
configure 2 https sites to the same IP address using name-based virtual
hosts.  Only one can be configured per IP address and name-based virtual
hosts share the same IP address.

Make sure you've only got one configured.  Check your httpd.conf file
and look for additional configurations in /etc/httpd/conf.d  Apache
would give you this error when it encounters the 2nd site configured
with the same IP address.

Juan